The unique BA-55 provides self-contained, high-quality, and battery-powered sound reinforcement for any environment. It’s solidly built yet lightweight, and comes bundled with a matching wireless microphone for public speaking, singing, and many other events. Use the BA-55 as a small wireless PA system in school classrooms, business meetings, restaurants, weddings, intimate music venues, and more. In a cool and convenient twist, the BA-55 contains an internal accelerometer sensor that automatically switches operation between stereo output (when positioned horizontally) and mono output (when positioned vertically). If you’re speaking and need maximum power and projection, use the vertical mono mode. For wide musical spread, turn horizontal. It’s that easy! The BA-55 is available in two color choices, black (BA-55) or white (BA-55-WH). Choose one of these classic colors to blend best with your surroundings.
- Portable design with high-quality sound for audiences up to 80 people
- SPL (sound pressure level) rated at a powerful 108 dB
- One 2.4 GHz wireless microphone included (DR-WM55); a second DR-WM55 can be purchased separately for simultaneous use
- Operates on 8 AA batteries or AC power (AC adaptor included)
- Onboard accelerometer sensor switches operation to stereo mode when positioned horizontally
- Two 6.5" (16 cm) high-performance speakers
- Three-channel built-in mixer with two-band EQ
- Echo/Reverb effect
- Built-in Anti-Feedback function
- Line Output for recording or expanding the system
- Integrated storage compartment for storing wireless microphones and accessories
- Auto Power Off function
- Compatible with Roland ST-A95 speaker stand
EASY TO USE AND TRANSPORT
With the BA-55, ease of use is the name of the game. There’s nothing complicated about it: just turn on the wireless microphone and/or plug in your instruments, set the volume to the desired level, and go. That’s it! The BA-55’s automatic anti-feedback system blocks acoustic feedback without interrupting your audio. For easy transport, the BA-55 has a convenient built-in storage compartment to house your wireless microphones and accessories.
The BA-55 lets you enjoy great sound anywhere, indoors or outdoors. Use batteries or the included AC adapter for the ultimate in convenience and flexibility— For speech, position the BA-55 vertically and the internal accelerometer will automatically switch operation to mono mode for maximum sound projection. For music, place the BA-55 horizontally and it will automatically switch to stereo mode; this is perfect when using MP3/CD players at dance parties, etc., or any application where wide sound projection is desired.
Onboard the BA-55 is an Echo/Reverb that sounds great and is easy to use, with a single knob that adjusts both the effect type and amount. When you turn the knob from the Off position to 12 o’clock, you activate a natural plate-reverb-type effect that adds a natural ambience to your voice and/or instruments. When you turn from the 12 o’clock position to maximum, you switch to a repetitive echo-type effect. The echo/ reverb can also be turned on and off from the included DR-WM55 wireless microphone for convenient remote control (see below).
WIRELESS MICROPHONE INCLUDED
The BA-55 package includes a high-quality wireless microphone (DR-WM55). Designed specifically for this system, the mic has Power On/Off and Echo On/Off switches. The Echo switch is linked to the BA-55’s Echo/Reverb effect, which lets you enable and disable it directly from the mic. This is a very handy feature, allowing the effect to be quickly turned off when speaking or making announcements, then easily switched back on for singing.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=KR8bMaSKx9Q) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 429 Too Many Requests in /home/rolandph/public_html/products/amplifiers/details.php on line 225
- Rated Power Output
- 20 W (10 W + 10 W)
SPL 108 dB
- Nominal Input Level (1 kHz)
- MIC (XLR type)
- -50 dBu
- AUDIO/INST (RCA phono type)
- -10 dBu
- AUDIO/INST (Stereo miniature phone type, 1/4-inch phone type)
- -20 dBu
- Nominal Output Level (1 kHz)
- LINE OUT
- -10 dBu
- 16 cm (6.5 inches) x 2
- Wireless Reception Method
- Roland Original (for DR-WM55 only)
- POWER Switch, CHIME Button, CHIME VOLUME Knob, ECHO Knob, AUTO POWER OFF Switch
- Channel Controls
- Wireless 1, Wireless 2: VOLUME Knob
AUDIO/INST: VOLUME Knob
- Master Controls
- Equalizer: HIGH Knob, LOW Knob
- WIRELESS 1, WIRELESS 2, ANTI-FEEDBACK, STEREO, POWER
- WIRELESS 1, WIRELESS 2, POWER
- Input jacks (XLR type, 1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- AUDIO Input jacks (Stereo miniature phone type, RCA phono type)
INST Input jack L/MONO (1/4-inch phone type)
INST Input jack R (1/4-inch phone type)
- LINE OUT jacks (RCA phono type)
- DC IN
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- DC 12 V
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 8
Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 8
- Current Draw
- 430 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): about 6 hours
Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6): about 6 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Wireless MIC (DR-WM55) x 1
- Options (sold separately)
- Wireless MIC (DR-WM55)
Speaker Stand (ST-A95)
- Size and Weight
- 355 mm
- 265 mm
- 481 mm
- 10.2 kg
22 lbs. 8 oz.
- *0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.