Rich, deep, stereo sound to go — introducing the AC-33, the world’s first battery-powered amp made specifically for acoustic guitar. Portable yet powerful, the AC-33 provides true stereo sound, Guitar and Mic/Line channels, custom-tailored effects, anti-feedback, and a Phrase Looper. But this amp was made to go places no amp has gone before. Thanks to its battery-power capability, the AC-33 lets you take your act anywhere: into the backwoods, onto the streets, or wherever your imagination leads you.
New Rosewood Finish!
Now the AC-33 is available with beautiful rosewood-look cabinets, offering an alternative to the standard stage-ready black finish. The attractive woodgrain styling perfectly matches the atmosphere of your living room or studio, as well as the aesthetic of your acoustic guitars.
- 30 watts (15W+15W) of natural, stereo acoustic sound through twin speakers
- Runs on AC power or eight AA batteries (accepts rechargeable NiMH types)
- Dual-channel configuration: Guitar and Mic/Line channel
- Reverb, chorus, and ambience effects (Ambience adds spatial, 3D-type depth to the sound)
- Phrase Looper with 40 seconds of record time
- Stereo AUX input (connect MP3/CD players, etc), headphone output
- Anti-feedback function
- Built-in tilt-back stand
- Removable battery cartridge for easy battery replacement
- Now available in rosewood finish (model # AC-33-RW)
Natural, Stereo Sound
Equipped with Roland’s latest DSP technology, the AC-33, delivers pure, rich acoustic sound with projection far beyond its size. Its true stereo design (15 watts x 2) enables brilliant stereo/multi-band chorus with “Wide” mode, plus shimmering reverb and 3D-type ambience effects tailored specifically for acoustic guitar.
Strum and Sing
The AC-33 provides two discrete channels: Guitar and Mic/Line. Plug in an acoustic guitar and a microphone (or line-level instrument) and mix them separately. Both channels have dedicated controls for volume, multi-band EQ, and chorus. The Mic/line channel offers both XLR and 1/4" inputs. You can also connect an MP3/CD player to the stereo AUX input for play-along practice or performance. Master volume, reverb, ambience, and anti-feedback are provided as well.
The AC-33’s onboard Phrase Looper lets you record, loop, and jam over your own guitar riffs or incoming audio from the AUX input. Record and loop up to 40 seconds at a time, and amaze your listeners with sound-on-sound performances that you create on the spot.
AC-33 Acoustic Chorus Guitar Amplifier Overview
AC-60-RW/AC-33-RW Acoustic Chorus Guitar Amplifier Overview
Roland AC-33 Phil Keaggy Demo
AC-33-RW Acoustic Chorus Guitar Amplifier: Introduction part 1
AC-33-RW Acoustic Chorus Guitar Amplifier: Introduction part 2
AC-33-RW Acoustic Chorus Guitar Amplifier: Introduction part 3
- Rated Power Output
- 15 W + 15 W (when using the AC adaptor)
10 W + 10 W (when using the Alkaline batteries)
- Nominal Input Level (1 kHz)
- GUITAR Channel: -10 dBu
MIC/LINE Channel: -50 dBu/-20 dBu
AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Nominal Output Level (1 kHz)
- LINE OUT: -10 dBu
- 12 cm (5 inches) x 2
- [GUITAR Channel]
CHORUS Switch (OFF, SPACE, WIDE)
CHORUS Switch (OFF, SPACE, WIDE)
[AUX IN Controls]
- REC, PLAY, OVERDUB
- GUITAR Channel Input Jack (1/4-inch phone type)
MIC/LINE Channel Input Jacks
(XLR type, Balanced)
(1/4-inch TRS phone type, Balanced)
AUX IN Jacks
L, R (RCA phono type)
(Stereo miniature phone type)
LINE OUT Jacks L (MONO), R (1/4-inch phone type)
PHONES Jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
FOOT SW Jack [EFFECTS] (TIP: CHORUS, RING: REVERB/AMBIENCE) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
FOOT SW Jack [LOOPER] (TIP: REC/PLAY/OVERDUB, RING: STOP/CLEAR) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
DC IN Jack
- Power Supply
- AC Adaptor (included, DC 13 V),
Dry battery LR6 (AA) type (alkaline) x 8, or
Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) type x 8
- Current Draw
- 490 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approx. 8 hours
Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6): Approx. 9 hours
These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner’s Manual, AC Adaptor, AC Cord
- Options (Sold separately)
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6
- Size and Weight (excluding batteries)
- 318 mm
- 223 mm
- 243 mm
- 4.7 kg
10 lbs. 6 oz.
- 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.