The FZ-5 is a modern pedal built for the modern guitarist, but the sounds you can get from the FZ-5 are pure retro. Looking back at the glorious rock sounds of the ’60s and ’70s, the FZ-5 recreates its vintage fuzz through BOSS state-of-the-art COSM® technology. Recall the fuzz-filled flavors of classic pedals, such as the Maestro FZ-1A, Fuzz Face and Octavia pedals, and kick ’em into overdrive with the FZ-5’s Boost knob. BOSS’ proprietary COSM® technology allows guitar players to recreate classic fuzz BOOST control for more aggressive tone. The FZ-5 is the perfect weapon for players wanting to beef up their rigs with classic retro fuzz artillery.
- Vintage sounds inspired by famous fuzz pedals of the ’60s and ’70s
- Uses advanced COSM® technology to recreate classic fuzz
- BOOST control for more aggressive tone
- Road-tough BOSS metal construction
- Nominal Input Level
- -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Pedal switch, LEVEL knob, FUZZ knob, MODE knob
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT jack, OUTPUT jack, AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V, Dry battery 6F22 (9 V) type (carbon), Dry battery 6LR61 (9 V) type (alkaline), AC Adaptor (PSA series: optional)
- Current Draw
- 36 mA (DC 9 V)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Carbon: 3 hours, Alkaline: 10 hours * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's Manual, Leaflet (USING THE UNIT SAFELY, IMPORTANT NOTES, and Information), MODE sticker, Dry Battery 006P/9V (6LR61)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series)
- Size and Weight
- 73 mm
- 2-7/8 inches
- 129 mm
- 5-1/8 inches
- 59 mm
- 2-3/8 inches
- 0.4 kg
- 1 lbs.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms* The battery that is supplied with the unit is for temporary use, intended primarily for testing the unit's operation.* We recommend that alkaline battery be used when replacing the battery.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.