One of the most revered prefixes in the history of synthesis returns. Welcome the arrival of the JUPITER-80—a live-performance powerhouse that pays homage to its legendary namesake with road-proven hardware and massive sound, yet blasts into the future with advanced SuperNATURAL® technology. The JUPITER-80’s expressive, organic approach to synthesis makes a new world of sound design possible with multilayered SuperNATURAL textures under the control of a full-color touchscreen and creative hands-on controllers. Experience the metamorphosis of a legend with the all-new JUPITER-80!
JUPITER-80 Version 2 Available Now!
Since the launch of the JUPITER-80, many professional keyboard players and producers have praised its expressive SuperNATURAL sounds and live-performance capability. With the Version 2 software update, the JUPITER-80 offers new features that enhance its synthesis power, and provides more flexibility and creativity for musicians designing their own sounds.
- Powerful integrated SuperNATURAL synthesis engines designed for legendary vintage synth sounds to realistic organic acoustic sounds and more
- Single Tone is equivalent to the performance of powerful single synthesizer—stack four of these to create a mind-blowing “Live Set”
- Tone Blender tweaks multiple parameters of tones in realtime for complex, emotive sonic movement during performance
- Fast, friendly operation with intuitive front panel and color touchscreen optimized for live performance
- 76-note semi-weighted synth keyboard, and 256 polyphonic voices (varies according to sound-generator load)
- USB-memory Song Player/Recorder for backing tracks or quick idea capture
- Easy integration with computers via built-in USB-MIDI/Audio interface
Version 2.0 Features
- Three types of low-pass filters; combined with the previous type, a total of four filters are now available
- New MFX structures; in addition to the previous parallel connection, a total of five structures (including serial connection) are available
- A Registration Play screen for easier access to sounds during live performance
- Better integration with SONAR software; a dedicated plug-in for your computer lets you easily map the JUPITER-80 to control SONAR’s faders and soft synths
JUPITER is a registered trademark of and is licensed by K.H.S. MUSICAL INSTRUMENT CO. LTD. in the United States and other countries.
PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE SOUND
The JUPITER-80 nods to its past with lethal, multi-layered SuperNATURAL® synthesizer tones so fat you’ll need a knife to cut through it, but that’s only the beginning of what this powerhouse synth will do. Gigging musicians will love the stockpile of essential sounds onboard, including Roland’s famous SuperNATURAL grand pianos, strings, brass, and much more. The JUPITER-80 puts a fast-access user interface under your fingers—a dream for live performance. Its heavyweight design, complete with metal side panels, recalls the legendary JUPITER but with a modern twist.
You will love the deep possibilities of the stackable SuperNATURAL architecture and unique features such as Tone Blender, which tweaks values of multiple parameters simultaneously and lets you “Capture” any new combination and save it as a Live Set. Create complex, emotional textures that respond, react, and evolve like nothing you’ve heard before. Tone Blender can also dramatically enhance your live-performance capabilities by letting you assign its multiple parameters to controllers such as the D Beam.
POWERFUL LIVE SETS FEATURING FOUR-TONE STRUCTURE AND REGISTRATIONS
JUPITER-80’s sound engine handles four x tones with dedicated DSP per tone as a basic unit “Live Set” for manual performance. Layering of Upper and Lower Live Sets, plus a specialized “SOLO” part, means the incredibly massive nine-tone-stack sound. Customized complex settings can be saved as Registrations, and easily recalled during live performance.
Roland’s latest addition to SuperNATURAL technology—Behavior Modeling—let’s you easily bring to life the authentic natural performance articulations of traditional instrument players. Flamenco strums. Multi-mallet vibe rolls. Seamless shifts between legato, marcato, pizzicato and spiccato strings. Trumpet half-valve trills and rips… and much more. Previously unattainable with such fluidity on a keyboard, these performance nuances complete the realism of SuperNATURAL instruments—all without changing patches or doing contortions.
- 76 keys (with velocity and channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator Section
- Maximum Polyphony
- 256 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- 4 parts (Upper, Lower, Solo, Percussion)
- 256 (including pre-loaded registrations)
- Live Sets
- 2,560 (including pre-loaded Live Sets)
- Live Set (Upper/Lower part)
-Multi-Effects (MFX): 4 units (parallel connection only), 76 types per each Upper/Lower (total: 8 units)
-Reverb: 1 unit, 5 types per each Upper/Lower (total: 2 units)
Solo part/Percussion part
-Compressor + Equalizer + Delay: 1 set per each Solo/Percussion (total: 2 sets)
-Reverb: 1 unit, 5 types
4-Band Equalizer: 1 unit
- USB Memory Song Player/Recorder Section
- 1 stereo track
- Playable File Format
- Audio File: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Recording File Format
- Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit Linear, stereo)
- 4-Band Equalizer: 1 unit
- External Memory
- USB Flash Memory (sold separately)
* Use USB flash drive sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Preset: 128 styles
User: 128 styles
- Harmony Intelligence
- 17 types
- D Beam Controller
Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
Assignable buttons (S1, S2)
Assignable knobs (E1--E4)
PART LEVEL sliders (PERC, LOWER, UPPER, SOLO)
- Graphic Color LCD 800 x 480 dots (touch screen)
- PHONES jack (stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
MAIN OUT jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
SUB OUT jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
AUDIO IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack (COAXIAL)
FOOT PEDAL jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, HOLD)
MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT, THRU)
USB COMPUTER port (Audio/MIDI)
USB Memory port
AC IN jack
- Power Consumption
- 25 W
- Owner's manual
CD-ROM (USB Audio/MIDI driver)
DVD-ROM (SONAR LE)
USB MEMORY Protector
- Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard stand: KS-18Z, KS-G8 (Use a stand that causes the height of the unit to be one meter or lower.)
Pedal switch: DP series
Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U
Expression pedal: EV-5
USB Flash Memory
*Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Size and Weight
- 1,231 mm
- 439 mm
- 140 mm
- 17.7 kg
39 lbs. 1 oz.
- "JUPITER" is a registered trademark of and is licensed by K.H.S. MUSICAL INSTRUMENT CO. LTD. in the United States and other countries.
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.