BOSS continues its top-selling tradition of portable, affordable multi-trackers with the new BR-800 — a battery-powered studio to go. The sleek new design is made possible by touch-sensor switches and SD-card recording media. Up to four tracks can be recorded simultaneously with eight tracks of simultaneous playback plus an additional stereo track dedicated to the built-in rhythm generator. The BR-800’s powerful onboard effects processor includes GT-10/10B effects, VE-20 vocal effects and harmonies, and COSM®-based acoustic-guitar body modeling. EZ Recording feature interactively guides through the recording process. A stereo microphone is also built into the BR-800 for instant “Song Sketch” recording. No matter where you roam, you’ll never miss a moment of musical inspiration with the BR-800.
- 4-track simultaneous recording, 8-track simultaneous playback plus dedicated stereo rhythm track playback
- EZ Recording interactively guides through the recording process
- Powerful guitar, bass, and vocal effects derived from BOSS’s flagship processors
- Song Sketch recording for quick stereo capture in WAV format
- Built-in advanced drum machine with editor software
- Functions as a USB audio interface and DAW control surface
- Cakewalk SONAR 8.5 LE software with full audio loops and backing tracks included
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone for instant recording
- Sleek new interface based on touch sensors
- 1GB SD included (supports up to 32GB SDHC card)
- Runs on six AA batteries/USB bus power/AC adaptor (included)
Whether you’re creating intricate, multi-layered songs or point-and-capture field recordings, the BR-800 makes the recording process fast and easy. Beginners will love the new EZ Recording mode that interactively guides you through the recording process. Other helpful features include the convenient Retry function, which recues automatically to fix mistakes, and Song Sketch recording for instant, one-touch capture. There’s also a built-in stereo condenser microphone plus a DR-880-quality rhythm generator for adding drum and percussion tracks to your songs.
Enhance your recordings with the powerful BOSS effects onboard the BR-800. Many of the effects are derived from BOSS’s flagship processors, including vocal effects from the VE-20, COSM® guitar/bass amps and effects from the GT-10 series, modeled acoustic-guitar body effects from the AP-1 preamp, which imparts pro-quality miked-up sound and rich body tone to line-recorded acoustic guitar. You’ll be amazed at how much processing power is built into this little recorder, and how excellent the effects sound.
You can power the BR-800 from the included AC adaptor, or, for ultimate mobility, it can be powered from six AA batteries. Record anywhere! Stereo microphones are also built into the BR-800 for instant “Song Sketch” recordings — great for capturing song ideas (acoustic guitar and vocals, for example) from any location.
The BR-800’s USB compatibility enables a variety of functionality with computers. Connected to a PC, the BR-800 will function as a USB audio interface for recordings that utilize the internal effects. The BR-800 can also function as a control surface for DAW software.
- Number of Tracks
- Track: 8
Simultaneously recording track: 4
V-Track: 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track)
- Sample Rate
- 44.1 kHz
- Frequency Response
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-3 dB)
- AD Conversion
- 24 bit
24-bit + AF method (GUITAR/BASS input)
*AF (Adaptive Focus) method is a proprietary method from Roland that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters.
- DA Conversion
- Compatible Card Capacity
- SD Card: 1 GB to 2 GB
SDHC Card: 4 GB to 32 GB
- Data Type
- HiFi (MT2) Roland/BOSS original format
16 bit linear stereo WAV format(*)
*SONG SKETCH only
- Recording Time
(for multi-track recording)
- *Conversion in one track
1 GB: 8 hours 40 minutes
2 GB: 17 hours
4 GB: 34 hours
8 GB: 68 hours
16 GB: 136 hours
32 GB: 272 hours
* The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
* The above number is the total for all the tracks that are used. If each of the eight tracks contain an equal amount of data, the length of the resulting song will be approximately 1/8 of the above.
- Recording Time
(for SONG SKETCH)
- *Stereo recording
1 GB: 90 minutes
2 GB: 3 hours
4 GB: 6 hours
8 GB: 12 hours
16 GB: 24 hours
32 GB: 48 hours
- Nominal Input Level
- GUITAR/BASS jack: -10 dBu
INPUT 1 to 4 jacks: -50 to -20 dBu (XLR type), -26 to +4 dBu (1/4" TRS phone type)
LINE IN jack: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- GUITAR/BASS jack: 1 M ohm
INPUT 1 to 4 jacks: 3k ohms (XLR type), 47 k ohms (1/4" TRS phone type)
LINE IN jack: 10 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- LINE OUT jacks: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- LINE OUT jacks: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- LINE OUT jacks: 20 k ohms or greater
PHONES jack: 32 to 100 ohms
- Residual Noise Level
- LINE OUT jacks:-85 dBu or less (IHF-A Typ.)
- 128 x 64 dots (Backlit LCD)
- GUITAR/BASS jack (1/4" phone type), INPUT 1--4 jacks (XLR type / 1/4" TRS phone type), LINE IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type), FOOT SW/EXP PEDAL (1/4" TRS phone type), LINE OUT jacks (RCA phono type), PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type), USB connector, DC IN jack
- USB Function
- Audio Input/Output, MIDI Input/Output, File Transfer, BUS Power operation
- Power Supply
- DC 9V: AC Adaptor
Size AA Dry battery x 6 (alkaline batteries recommended)
USB Bus Power
- Current Draw
- 280 mA (DC IN)
480 mA (USB Bus Power)
- Battery Life for Continuous Use
- Approximately 5.5 hours
(Alkaline dry batteries, with continuous playback of 8 tracks, phantom power off)
* May vary according to usage conditions, phantom power used, batteries used, and type of SD card used.
- SD Card (1 GB), AC Adaptor, USB Cable, BR-800 DVD-ROM, Owner's Manual
- Footswitch: FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland), Expression Pedal: EV-5 (Roland), FV-500L/FV-500H, Soft Case: BA-CB1
- Size and Weight
- 289 mm
- 184 mm
- 58 mm
- 890 g
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms* USB Driver for BR-800 requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4 or later. For more detail, please refer to the documents attached with the drivers.
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.